Update to Service Changes Starting Thursday, November 19
Due to the increasing and rapid rise in COVID-19 cases in Suburban Cook County over this past weekend, and in the interest of public health and safety, Palatine Public Library District has decided to move up our service changes for the safety of our staff and visitors. Physical buildings will be closed from November 19 through December 6, but you can still schedule Curbside Pickup Appointments.
How to Place a Hold
- Visit palatinelibrary.org and log onto My Account with your library card number and password. Curbside Pickup is only for Palatine Library District cardholders.
- Search the catalog for desired titles and select PLACE HOLD for pickup at Main Library.
- Call 847-907-3600 for assistance placing holds. Press 1. You may experience delays due to high call volume.
- You will be contacted once your items are ready for pick-up, and then you can make an appointment. Items will be held for seven days.
Curbside Hours Beginning Thursday, November 19
- All Library buildings closed.
- Curbside Pickup appointments available:
- Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Closed
- Virtual reference and programming will continue.
Main Library – Return your items to the Drive-up Drop in the underground parking lot, or in the drop at the front of the building.
North Hoffman Branch – Drop box is available outside the Willow Recreation Center.
Rand Road Branch – Drop box is available inside the Community Resource Center by the branch doors.
We are fine free! If your items are returned late, no fine will be assessed. We will continue to quarantine materials before checking them in.