Update to Service Changes December 2020
Because of the stay-at-home advisory from the Governor and the increasing and rapid rise in COVID-19 cases in Suburban Cook County, the Library is extending building closures until further notice.
Curbside Hours Main Library:
- Curbside Pickup appointments available:
- Monday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Closed
- Virtual reference and programming available.
Rand Road Branch:
Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ONLY
Self-Pickup in front entrance of the Community Resource Center. Bags are labeled by name.
North Hoffman Branch:
Wednesdays, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ONLY
Self-Pickup outside the Willow Recreation Center. Library delivery van will be there for inclement weather. Bags are labeled by name.
Questions? Email: email@example.com
Please do not hand materials to be returned to staff. There are drop boxes available at each location.
Main Library – Return your items to the Drive-up Drop in the underground parking lot, or in the drop at the front of the building.
North Hoffman Branch – Drop box is available outside the Willow Recreation Center.
Rand Road Branch – Drop box is available inside the Community Resource Center by the branch doors.
We are fine free! If your items are returned late, no fine will be assessed. We will continue to quarantine materials before checking them in.
How to Place a Hold
- Visit palatinelibrary.org and log onto My Account with your library card number and password. Curbside Pickup is only for Palatine Library District cardholders.
- Search the catalog for desired titles and select PLACE HOLD for pickup at Main Library.
- Call 847-907-3600 for assistance placing holds. Press 1. You may experience delays due to high call volume.
- You will be contacted once your items are ready for pick-up, and then you can make an appointment. Items will be held for seven days.