We are glad to announce new Curbside Pickup service starting on Tuesday, June 2
Open for Curbside Pickup Only:
Monday – Saturday: 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Palatine Library District cardholders may request items from the Main Library ONLY for curbside pickup. Patrons can place a hold on items they want, and then pick them up after they are notified the items are ready.
Curbside Pickup - Frequently Asked Questions
Beginning May 20, we will begin accepting material returns at the Main Library in order to prepare.
Beginning May 26, call 847-358-5881 if you need assistance placing holds.
For Assistance Now
Web Chat: Click on How can we help? at the bottom right of your screen.
Text chat: 847-979-4555
Due dates for materials are extended through June 30.
Current items on Hold will be available for seven days after June 2.
How to Request Curbside Pickup
- Visit palatinelibrary.org and log onto My Account with your library card number and PIN. Curbside Pickup is only for Palatine Library District cardholders.
- Search the catalog for desired titles and select Request It for pickup at Main Library only. Branch materials, equipment, and Library of Things will not be available for check-out at this time.
- You can also call 847-358-5881 during the hours above for assistance placing holds. Press 1 for help placing a hold.
- You will be contacted when your items are ready for pick-up. If you do not receive confirmation, we may not have located your items.
- Grab-bag Service
Do you need some book suggestions, or a handful of mystery books to choose from? Let staff know what you are interested in when you call. We can put together a grab-bag of titles based on your needs.
How to Pick Up Your Items
- Once you’ve received an email or call that your items are ready, come to the Main Library no sooner than 11:00 a.m. and park in the WEST PARKING LOT. (follow signs) Items will be held for seven days.
- Call 847-358-5881 and Press 2 for Holds Pickup. Let staff know you have arrived at the Library to pick up your items. You will need your name and library card number.
- DROP OFF ANY MATERIALS in the Drive-up Drop in the underground parking garage. We are not accepting book donations currently.
- Park at the FRONT OF THE MAIN BUILDING. Staff will bring your hold items out to your vehicle and place them in the trunk. Staff will not be handing you your items in order to maintain a 6-foot safe distance.
- If you do not have a vehicle to drive up, there will be a table set-up in front of the building for WALKUP PICKUP. You will still need to call ahead for staff to bring your items out for pickup.
- Items checked out through Curbside Pickup are due within 28 days. You will receive an email notification two days before your items are due.
Safety of Staff, Patrons, and Materials are Critical
- Using disinfectants is not good for library materials. Therefore, all returned items will be quarantined for seven days before being checked in. Please use your best judgment when handling materials.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves for protection.
- We will maintain a 6-foot minimum safe distance for social distancing.
- We appreciate your patience as we start this new service and make adjustments as needed.