Monday – Saturday: 11:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: Starting July 6, Curbside Pickup is by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
1) Place your holds.
2) Wait for notification that your holds are ready.
3) Come to the Main Library for pickup. Starting July 6, you must reserve an appointment for Curbside Pickup online or over the phone.
If you prefer, you can come in, pick up your holds, and use the self-checkout.
How to Place a Hold
- Visit palatinelibrary.org and log onto My Account with your library card number and PIN. Curbside Pickup is only for Palatine Library District cardholders.
- Search the catalog for desired titles and select Request It for pickup at Main Library only.
- Call 847-358-5881 for assistance placing holds. Press 1. You may experience delays due to high call volume.
- You will be contacted once your items are ready for pick-up, and then you can make an appointment. Items will be held for seven days.
- Grab-bag Service
Do you need some book suggestions, or a handful of mystery books to choose from? Let staff know what you are interested in when you call. We can put together a grab-bag of titles based on your needs.
How to Make an Appointment for Curbside
- Once you’ve received notification that your holds are ready, you can then make an appointment. The hold process can take time, so please do not reserve an appointment until you get a notification for pickup.
- Reserve an appointment online for Curbside Pickup, or call 847-358-5881 and staff will setup an appointment. Slots are available every ½ hour from 11:00 am through 4:30 pm, Mon-Sat. You will need your library card number.
- Reservations must be at least 90 minutes in advance of your appointment time. Example: An appointment for 11:30 am must be made by 10:00 am.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment day and time.
Pick Up Instructions
1) First come to the WEST PARKING LOT at your appointment time.
2) Call 847-358-5881 and Press 2 for Holds Pickup. Let staff know you have arrived at the Library to pick up your items. You will need your library card number.
3) Pull through the underground parking garage, and then around to park in front of the building for line-up. Drop off any materials in the Drive-up Drop.Staff will bring your hold items out to your vehicle and place them in the trunk.
Staff will not be handing you your items in order to maintain a 6-foot safe distance.
- If you do not have a vehicle, there will be a table set-up in front of the building for WALKUP PICKUP. You will still need to call ahead for staff to bring your items out for pickup.
- Items checked out through Curbside Pickup are due within 21 days. You will receive an email notification two days before your items are due.
Safety of Staff, Patrons, and Materials are Critical
- Using disinfectants is not good for library materials. Therefore, all returned items will be quarantined for three days before being checked in. Please use your best judgment when handling materials.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves for protection.
- We will maintain a 6-foot minimum safe distance for social distancing.
- We are not accepting book donations currently.
- We appreciate your patience as we start this new service and make adjustments as needed.
Curbside Pickup - Frequently Asked Questions
You may return materials at the Main Library.
Call 847-358-5881 if you need assistance placing holds.
For Assistance Now
Web Chat: Click on How can we help? at the bottom right of your screen.
Text chat: 847-979-4555
Due dates for materials are extended through June 30.
Current items on Hold will be available for seven days.