Online curriculum for children preschool through kindergarten. Includes math, science, social studies, language, art, and music.
Learn from home using Learning Express School Center. This database helps students in elementary, middle, and high school with test prep and tutorials on subjects like Math, Social Studies and more.
Need homework help? Brainfuse offers one on one homework help, practice tests and much more.
Even when kids are home they can keep learning with Scholastic's Learn at Home online resources and activities.,
WorldBook provides access to resources for teachers, students, and caregivers including lesson plans, games, and projects. (Available through April 11)
TumbleBooks is an online collection of animated, talking picture books, educational videos, puzzles, games, and more.
Discussion guides, activities, and videos to engage young readers at home,
Provides streamlined access to educational content appropriate for school-aged users. Many materials are available in English and in Spanish. Access to the inkie.org BiblioBoard instance is restricted.
A robust collection of e-content, available to everyone in Illinois. No login or library card required, and all materials are available for immediate simultaneous access.
Free Virtual Tours & Entertainment
- The Art Institute of Chicago's collection is searchable online and includes additional information for each artwork.
- The British Museum has an interactive timeline. Just pick a date and learn more about the thousands of artifacts that make up their collection.
- The Metropolitan Opera will live stream an opera each evening at 6:30 pm central time. The recording will stay on their homepage for 20 hours.
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams highlight penguins, sea otters, and sharks.
- The National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C. has a variety of online resources, including family activities and recorded lectures.