The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) helps us serve the needs and interests of local teens. Members brainstorm ideas and provide feedback about Library services. They also volunteer to help with events and other tasks as needed.
TAB meets on a monthly basis during the school year.
Applications for TAB 2018 - 2019 are currently closed.
Members of TAB must:
- Be a student in grades 7 through 12
- Have parental permission to participate, if under 14
- Have a valid Palatine Public Library District card
- Commit to serving a 1 year term (September – June)
- Volunteer for at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
- Attend at least 2 library programs for teens or youth
- Opportunity to provide input for library decisions related to teens
- Members receive volunteer service credit for school
- Members will develop marketable leadership skills
- Participation can be listed on job, scholarship, and college applications
TAB meets on the second Tuesday of every month, September - June, from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.