Update to Service Changes!
Beginning November 19 through December 6, Palatine Library is moving to just Curbside Pickup appointments. No Curbside on Thanksgiving, 11/26. All Library buildings will be closed. See palatinelibrary.org/temporaryclosure for full details.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. The Library provides equal employment opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military or veteran status, genetic information, order of protection status, or any other characteristic that is protected under applicable law.
We are currently seeking applicants for the positions listed below.
Download and complete the application form. After downloading the application form, you must go to your downloaded files, open it in Adobe Acrobat, complete it and then save it in Adobe Acrobat.
Send your resume, cover letter, and application by email or post to:
Palatine Public Library District
700 N. North Court
Palatine, IL 60067
Materials Assistant - Member Services Department
Posted: October 22, 2020
Part-Time Position - 15.0 hours per week
Front Door Monitor
Posted: October 7, 2020
Part Time Position - 15.0 hours per week
The staff of Palatine Library sincerely cares about our community, our patrons, and each other.
- We're Welcoming – We greet each other and the public with a smile. We know many of our patrons by name and we enjoy connecting with them.
- We’re a Team – Each staff member is a valuable contributor. We work well together and jump in where needed to keep our Library thriving.
- We're About People – Every day we look forward to serving our diverse community. We are inspired by listening to each other and our patrons.
- We’re Family – We may not be related, but we treat everyone who walks through our door like family. Palatine Library is a home-away-from-home and a safe haven for all.
- We Love Questions – Just ask us! We will do our best to find the answer and provide reliable information.
- We're Resourceful – Equipped with centuries of collective experience, we go above and beyond to make the most of what we have.
- We Have Fun – A playful spirit infuses our work. We love to laugh and make others smile.