Need a book but we don’t have it? Borrow it through Interlibrary Loan.
- Search for the book, article, or other material you need in the Illinois Catalog.
- Select the title.
- Click the link Request Item (example below).
What if I need help with my ILL request?
Stop by, or call the Reference Desk or the Popular Materials Desk. Staff will be happy to help you.
Who is eligible to ILL?
Any PPLD cardholder in good standing (no fines or fees over $5.00) is eligible for an ILL account.
What may be requested?
- Music CDs
- Audiobooks on CD
- Articles (We request photocopies or electronic documents; not entire issues)
- Non-Fiction DVDs (not Blu-ray)
What may not be requested?
- New materials (one year old or less)
- Entertainment DVDs
- Computer games or software
- Reference materials
- Materials from out-of-state
How do I sign up for an ILL account?
Search for the item you are looking for in the Illinois Catalog. When you find your item, click on the Request Item icon. You will be taken to the Illiad Logon screen where you may create your new ILL account. Click on the First Time Users Click Here link, fill out the form to create your account and submit.
How many items may I get at one time?
Patrons may have three active Interlibrary Loans at a time.
How long will I have to use these materials?
Due dates and renewals are determined by the lending library. Materials are generally loaned to you for three weeks. Photocopies are yours to keep. Additional conditions may be imposed by lending libraries.
What are the Overdue Fines for ILL material?
ILL overdue fines are $1.00 per day.