Violinist Marty Hackl and Pianist David Richards visited us on January 18 to perform English musical compositions that might have been performed at a typical evening soirée at Downton Abbey.
Thank you to Mr. Hackl and Mr. Richards for a beautiful concert, and thanks to all who attended.
Here is the program of compositions in order of performance:
- John Lunn, Downton Abbey theme
- G.F. Handel, Sonata #1 in A for violin and piano (Op.. 1, #3)
- Vaughan Williams, The Lark Ascending
- Samuel Coleridge Taylor, Deep River: American Negro Melody (Op. 59, No 10) (Arranged by Maud Powell)
- Rebecca Clarke, Lullaby
- Rebecca Clarke, Chinese Puzzle
- Edward Elgar, Salut d'amour (Op. 12)
- Gilbert and Sullivan, The sun, whose rays are all ablaze (from The Mikado)